LSUHSC Campus Guidelines Highlights
Guidelines Highlights Updated on September 27, 2021
- Vaccination is required except for those with a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated will be required to undergo periodic surveillance testing in the Campus Health Clinic. LSUHSC-NO also recommends that pregnant women discuss the pros and cons of vaccination with their health care provider.
- Domestic travel to meetings using LSUHSC funds is now allowed for fully vaccinated individuals. (International travel will still not be approved.)
- Students will be able to resume some volunteer clinical activities provided that the students are fully vaccinated, the volunteer work is supervised, appropriate PPE is used, and there is an approved COVID mitigation plan in place.
- Quarantine is no longer necessary for a fully vaccinated person after moderate-to-high risk exposure. However, those individuals will be required to undergo testing immediately after exposure and on day 5-7 after exposure. They should also strictly adhere to mask and social distancing policies. Quarantine is required for a fully vaccinated person who is living with someone who has a COVID-19 infection.
- Quarantine is still required for individuals who have had moderate-to-high risk exposure if they are not fully vaccinated.