Hurricane Ida Recovery Information and Resources
September 22, 2021
Hurricane Ida SBA Disaster Assistance Webinar
Low-interest federal disaster loans are now available to Louisiana businesses and residents as a result of President Biden’s major disaster declaration, U.S. Small Business Administration’s Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman announced.
Application Filing Deadlines are as follows - Physical Damage: October 28, 2021 and Economic Injury, May 31, 2022.
Upcoming Webinar Info:
Topic: Hurricane Ida SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans Webinar
Time: Sep 24, 2021 11:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 957 3809 7923
Dial in: (346) 248-7799
FEMA Disaster Assistance
Parishes eligible for assistance:
FEMA Disaster Assistance application information:
Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) Locator
Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (DSNAP)
State of Louisiana Hurricane Updates
Parish Recovery Information
NOLA READY ASSISTANCE CALENDAR
Debris Removal & Clean Up
Jefferson Parish Hurricane Season Dashboard
Storm Debris Map
St. Tammany Parish Emergency Storm Updates
Lafourche Parish Emergency Updates
Terrebonne Parish Ida Recovery Info
St. John the Baptist Parish Hurricane Ida Recovery Updates
St. Charles Parish Hurricane Ida Recovery Update
Garbage Pickup Schedule
Plaquemines Parish Hurricane Ida Recovery
St. Bernard Parish Hurricane Ida Assistance and Response Info
Tangipahoa Tropical Updates
Washington Parish Updates
St. James Parish Hurricane Ida Updates
Emergency Prescription Assistance Program
People who live within the parishes of the defined Louisiana disaster area, and do NOT have any form of prescription insurance, should call the EPAP enrollment hotline at 1-855-793-7470. You will be asked to provide information to enroll in the EPAP and receive no-cost services outlined above.
Mental Health Resources
Keep Calm Line
- Phone: 1-866-310-7977
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Behavioral Health Recovery Outreach Line
- Phone: 1-833-333-1132
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- For healthcare professionals and individuals in recovery
Louisiana Spirit Crisis Counseling Program
- Website: http://ldh.la.gov/LouisianaSpirit
- Email: LouisianaSpiritInfo@la.gov
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Louisiana
- Website: https://namilouisiana.org
Local Human Services Districts/Authorities
Keep Calm Line -- 1-866-310-7977
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All calls are confidential.
211 VIA Link
211 is a free information and referral service that connects people to health and human services in their community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Provides information and referrals to health, human and Social Service organizations.
LA Healthcare Connection – 866-595-8133
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
Disaster Distress Helpline
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) provides crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- is available anytime to provide you with confidential emotional support. Call or text 1-800-985-5990 to speak with someone today.
Operation Photo Rescue
Orleans Property Tax Relief
Assessor Errol Williams: "While all residential property owners will automatically receive a five percent reduction due to properties being non-operational for weeks following the storm’s landfall, those with additional physical damages, as well as commercial properties, are encouraged to submit documentation of Hurricane Ida damages."
The Hurricane Ida Damage form can be filled out and downloaded at www.nolaassessor.com beginning Sept. 23. Submissions must include documentation to support a damage claim, such as photographs, contractor estimates of repair, inspection report, damage appraisal, or a copy of an insurance claim.
Property owners may submit a completed Hurricane Ida Damage form by:
- Attaching it to an online appeal that can be submitted online. The appeal link will be on the homepage at www.nolaassessor.com.
- Scheduling a virtual, telephonic, or in-person meeting with a staff member at www.nolaassessor.com or by calling (504) 754-8811. Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Assessor Williams encourages property owners meet with staff by zoom or phone if possible.
- By mailing the completed form and supporting documentation to: Orleans Parish Assessor’s Office, PO Box 53406, New Orleans, LA 70153.
United Way Resource Map
The United Way of Southeast Louisiana has created a Hurricane Ida Resource Map that provides the location of available resources. The map is available here.